Marjie's Shopping Diet


The Shopping Diet is my way of passing along words of advice to fellow self-proclaimed shopaholics so they can buy on a budget.
You don't have to make a fortune to buy today's latest trends and have a closet full of fun. Here I'll blog about tricks I've learned over the years that allow me to shop when I want, buy (mostly) what I want, keep my closet happy and feel good about myself, all while staying within my budget.
To me, bargain hunting is a thrilling challenge. It takes skill, drive and passion to know what you're looking for, find it, and get it for less than everyone else. I take pride in the fact that although I don't usually spend more than $20 or $30 on any one item, I'm always getting compliments on my clothes and accessories. Some of my most successful shopping experiences have resulted in a $5 pair of black patent flats that I've worn almost every day for the past two years, and a $4 black scarf that goes with anything.
I don't just tell people to buy things on sale, or only buy something when it's on sale. Part of The Shopping Diet is doing research so you get the best possible deal on something you really want/need. It's about weighing your options and making good choices.
For me fashion is all about how YOU want to look and feel. Wear what you want and you'll always look good.









Monday, June 28, 2010

Day of Independence 2010!

Hot ideas to spice up your July 4th! Whether you'll be firing up the barbie with friends, having a picnic with the family, or spending all day at the pool, you're guaranteed to find bits and pieces to make you stand out and, uh, express your independence!


$33.40, Go Jane





$28.80, Go Jane





$27.60, Go Jane





$12.99, ModCloth





$25, Go Jane





$24.80, Forever 21





$49.99, ModCloth





$24.80, Forever 21





$24.20, Go Jane





$19.99, ModCloth





$19.80, Forever 21





$17.80, Forever 21

1 comment:

  1. Love the bright blue dress from Forever! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete