Marjie's Shopping Diet


The Shopping Diet is my way of passing along words of advice to fellow self-proclaimed shopaholics so they can buy on a budget.
You don't have to make a fortune to buy today's latest trends and have a closet full of fun. Here I'll blog about tricks I've learned over the years that allow me to shop when I want, buy (mostly) what I want, keep my closet happy and feel good about myself, all while staying within my budget.
To me, bargain hunting is a thrilling challenge. It takes skill, drive and passion to know what you're looking for, find it, and get it for less than everyone else. I take pride in the fact that although I don't usually spend more than $20 or $30 on any one item, I'm always getting compliments on my clothes and accessories. Some of my most successful shopping experiences have resulted in a $5 pair of black patent flats that I've worn almost every day for the past two years, and a $4 black scarf that goes with anything.
I don't just tell people to buy things on sale, or only buy something when it's on sale. Part of The Shopping Diet is doing research so you get the best possible deal on something you really want/need. It's about weighing your options and making good choices.
For me fashion is all about how YOU want to look and feel. Wear what you want and you'll always look good.









Thursday, March 11, 2010

MY shoe closet

So I decided to post some of MY favorite shoes that I own. Although I can't remember how much I spent on them because they have been purchased over the course of a few years, I can post where I got them. I am VERY proud of my shoe collection, as you can clearly see, so I would ADORE any feedback you have on what I refer to as my most prized posessions. Now remember, these are only my favorites. As you've probably guessed, I own somewhere around 80 to 100 pairs of feet glory. (I can't believe I'm bragging about my shoe addiction! Wait, yes I can.)
So, opinions are welcome!
Also, and most importantly, I am posting these pics to let you in on MY own purchases. This whole blog is about finding what you love for less and making smart shopping choices. I give YOU, the reader, advice and show you pictures of bargain finds. Here you'll see proof that I DO shop cheaply. (Yes, my advice comes from somewhere!!)
Looking at the below pictures: I spent, on average, about $15 a pair. The highest amount I spent on the below collection is $30, the lowest is $7. And I think you'll agree I made out pretty well!!



Target





Walmart (black) & Target (red). Love these shoes. So cute for casual outings in the spring!





Walmart





Target. LOVE the patent "leather" pointed toe with no heel, sooo classy.





Not Rated, via Amazon.





My fake Naughty Monkeys, from K-Mart





K-Mart





H&M





Go Jane. Also have the same pair in grey.





Go Jane





Charlotte Russe





Charlotte Russe





Bass. Sorry it's sideways. Anyway, the flip flops are from a Bass outlet, the navy boat shoes are from 6pm.com.






Amazon

3 comments:

  1. awww yay! i remember when you purchased half of those! i love the (fake) naughty monkeys hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Charlotte Russe yellow wedges are a great buy! Yellow wedges are totally in this spring, and with the floral print, they're perfect! And of course I love the GoJane scalloped pump or I wouldn't have bought them in purple! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the boat shoes! Boat shoes forever! :)

    ReplyDelete